|Date||Sunday 11 April 2021|
|Start Time||7:00 am|
|Cut Off Time||3 hours|
|Start Line||Port Road, Aldinga|
|Finish Line||Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines, Main Road, McLaren Vale|
|Age Limit||16 years on race day|
|Online Registrations Close||5:00 pm, Thursday 8 April 2021|
Entry Fees & Inclusions
|Standard Entry||$85||To midnight on Sunday 14 March 2021|
|Late Entry||$95||To midnight on Sunday 4 April 2021|
|Last Minute||$115||To 12 noon, Saturday 10 April 2021|
Costs shown include GST and all administration & credit card fees – what you see is what you pay!
- Race Entry
- Aid Stations
- Race Day Medical Support
- Electronic Timing & Finisher Certificate
- Finisher Medal
- Post-Event Recovery Zone
- Free Gift For Every Runner
- Free Entry to Leconfield Wines Moonlight Cinema (Saturday evening)
- Free Entry to Presentations & After-Race Party (Sunday evening)
Race Pack Distribution
You can choose to have your race pack (race bib, runner wristband, free gift and any merchandise) posted to you for an additional $10 fee or you can collect your race pack from Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines over the race weekend. Race packs will be available for collection from the Pasta Party on Friday 9 April or from the Race Village on Saturday 10 April.
Please note that race packs will NOT be available for collection before race start on Sunday morning.
All courses are currently provisional, subject to council and government permits being obtained.
The McLaren Vale Half Marathon course starts at the Aldinga Oval on Port Road and finishes at Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines, McLaren Vale and will be accurately measured and certified to AIMS standards.
- Run east along Port Road to Aldinga, turning right into Old Coach Road.
- Cross Main South Road and run along Stonehouse Lane, through Agostino Wines.
- Run along Plains Road, past Aldinga Airfield (home of Adelaide Biplanes), then along Hahn Road, Ryan Road, Colville Road and Delabole Road through the vineyards.
- Head along Aldinga Road through Willunga, turning north onto Main Road.
- Cross Main Road and run along the Shiraz Trail bike path to McMurtrie Road.
- Run down McMurtrie Road, crossing Main Road into Johnston Road.
- Turn left onto Gilbert Road and left again onto Branson Road.
- Run north for your final KM along Main Road then turn into Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines to the finish line where glory awaits.
The McLaren Vale Half Marathon has a net elevation gain of 43m. Please note that the distance on this course map is approximate. The course will be measured to AIMS standards for race day.
Drinks stations will be located every 5 KM along the Leconfield Wines McLaren Vale Marathon course, providing water and toilet facilities. Runners may carry their own sports drinks/gels. Rubbish must be deposited in the bins provided at the drink stations. Littering on course will result in disqualification.
For supporters wanting to see and cheer on their runners during the race, we have a couple of recommended spectator points for you:
1. Old Coach Road, Aldinga
Just a few hundred metres from the half marathon start line, this is a great opportunity to see all runners looking fresh while you grab a coffee from from Home Grain Bakery or Maxwell’s Grocery. Car Parking: Aldinga Oval or Aldi, Port Road
2. Cnr Aldinga Road & Main Road, Willunga
Check how your runner is faring at 12 KM in to the half marathon and you’ll still have plenty of time to get back to the finish line before them. Car Parking: Willunga Recreation Ground or High Street
3. Johnston Road, McLaren Vale
With just 3 KM to go, this is where you will want to give your runner that extra boost of encouragement to get them to the finish line. Car Parking: Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines, via Gilbert Road
A bus service will run from Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines, McLaren Vale to the Marathon start line in Myponga on race morning. Free car parking is available at Leconfield & Richard Hamilton Wines via Gilbert Road.
You will be required to purchase a bus pass for $15.00 when you register online. A coloured wristband will be issued with your race number, which you must wear on race day to be permitted to use the bus service. Bus passes can also be purchased at the race village by 4:00 pm on Saturday 10 April. Bus tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be available to buy on race morning.
Presentations for top 3 male and female half marathon place-getters will take place at 7:00 pm during our Post-Race Party on Sunday evening. Award winners must be in attendance to receive trophies and prizes.